[RADIATOR] ipv6::: bind results in no match on IPv4 client

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Jun 28 13:58:48 CDT 2013

On 06/28/2013 07:56 PM, Mueller, Jason C wrote:

> I have currently relented to specifying every individual IP address
> that needs to listen for RADIUS across the set of systems running
> Radiator (both v4 and v6), and I will just live with the binding
> errors when Radiator starts. The reason is that the Radiator config
> is managed in a single file that is pushed to multiple systems to
> ensure consistency of the config.

You could consider creating using 'Included %D/bindaddress.cfg' and
having a separate bindaddress.cfg on each host. The file would have just
the BindAddress option with the addresses that the host has.

This would allow you to keep the main config in a single file and get
rid of the startup errors.

> Is there any plan for IPv6 CIDR support in the future? If so, what
> timeframe?

Thanks for clarifying your situation. There is no specific timeframe set
yet. However, do you think you could help testing this when we think
IPv6 CIDR support is ready for wider testing?

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.