[RADIATOR] ipv6::: bind results in no match on IPv4 client

Mueller, Jason C jason-mueller at uiowa.edu
Thu Jun 27 16:23:57 CDT 2013

Alan,

> Hi,
>
>> Quick summary again, when using ipv6::: and bindv6only set to 0:
>> * Both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic gets to Radiator
>> * IPv6 works with everything I have tried
>> * IPv4 clients will not match on the proper client stanza, only the DEFAULT client stanza
>
> I have the following:
>
> BindAddress 0.0.0.0,IPV6:::
>
> and on Linux systems I have to have this tweak to let the binding work correctly:
>
> net.ipv6.bindv6only = 1
>
> (in /etc/sysctl.conf)

My problem with making that change is that I don't run the system Radiator runs on, and there is a lot of reluctance to change the bindv6only setting to 1, since that is a system-wide change that effects all other processes on the box.

I am curious if you have Client definitions that include IPv4 addresses or ranges that work correctly in your configuration.

-Jason