[RADIATOR] IPv6 equivalent to 0.0.0.0

Mueller, Jason C jason-mueller at uiowa.edu
Fri Jun 21 08:06:11 CDT 2013

I am trying to enable IPv6 on Radiator 4.11.

When using the BindAddress configuration parameter, I have to specify an IPv6 address. When I specify an address that is in use by the local system, Radiator successfully binds to the IPv6 address. For example, I have a line like this in my radius.cfg file which does work:
BindAddress 0.0.0.0,ipv6:2620:0:e50:200::5

However, I would prefer to use an IPv6 equivalent to IPv4's 0.0.0.0. The reason is that I would like the same configuration file to work across multiple systems. This simplifies management and allows for easy synchronization.

I have tried ipv6:::, but that did not work.

I also tried putting in a list of IPv6 addresses for each of the systems, thinking that it would successfully bind only to the IPv6 address locally configured and ignore the rest, but Radiator refuses to bind to any IPv6 addresses if there is a list of IPv6 addresses and one of them does not exist locally. For example, the following fails on a system configured with 2620:0:e50:200::5, because the address 2620:0:e50:300::5 does not exist on the system:
BindAddress 0.0.0.0,ipv6:2620:0:e50:200::5,ipv6:2620:0:e50:300::5

I am hoping that someone has an IPv6 equivalent to 0.0.0.0 that works with Radiator. If not, any ideas that can help me keep the same config file across multiple systems when using IPv6 (like I can do with IPv4) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Jason