[RADIATOR] AuthRADSEC and radsecproxy are incompatible!

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Jul 24 02:46:37 CDT 2013

Hi,

> Does anyone know if creating secondary, tertiary, ... TCP connections
> has worked fine? I'm thinking of the alternatives at hand: sticking with
> Proxy-State extented IDs (using one TCP connection) or using the port
> numbers (multiple TCP connections) for ID space extension?
>
> Thanks for your input!

Well, I know that FreeRADIUS on UDP does it like that: for efficiency
reasons it uses the same /source/ port to send requests from, and
permanently listens on that same port. That seems to be quite efficient.
If it finds that source port in full use, it opens the next port and has
256 new IDs.

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER