[RADIATOR] proxying POD reply packets

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jul 17 05:23:51 CDT 2013

On 07/17/2013 12:17 AM, Michael wrote:

> hmm so, are you saying radiator after proxying out my POD/COA requests,
> and after i then convert the packet to an accounting packet and log it,
> radiator is actually expecting that the POD/COA reply coming back is
> actually an accounting reply and does not relay it to the radpwtst?

I was thinking the conversion to accounting packet is the reason why it
is not proxied back to radpwtst.

If the original request was an Accounting-Request and the Handler result
after the AuthBys is REJECT, then the reply is just dropped. This is
because there is no Accounting-Reject message type to send back.

About the conversion: are you doing the conversion so that you can log
the various RFC 5176 replies? Would a separate log file type à la
AuthLog be the way to solve this?

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.