[RADIATOR] AuthRADSEC and radsecproxy are incompatible!

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Jul 15 02:27:40 CDT 2013

Hi,

> this may be true for Status-Server but not for the Access-Rejects
> generated by the radsecproxy. This has to be corrected by radsecproxy.
>
> And yes, Radiator AuthRADSEC has to fix the problem with Status-Server.
> Both together are incompatible but often used together in eduroam.

Yes, the lack of returning Proxy-State when radsecproxy crafts its own
Rejects is definitely a problem of radsecproxy; it violates RFC2865,
section 5.33:

"     This Attribute is available to be sent by a proxy server to
      another server when forwarding an Access-Request and MUST be
      returned unmodified in the Access-Accept, Access-Reject or
      Access-Challenge."

I've sent a notice to the radsecproxy mailing list, notifying them of
the problem. I'm hoping to see a next release with a proper fix.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER