[RADIATOR] ERR: Stream sysread for radius1.dfn.de:2083 failed: . Peer probably disconnected

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Jul 9 10:46:46 CDT 2013

On 07/09/2013 02:39 PM, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:

> the default secret was changed between 4.9 and 4.11 and I used it, arrgh.
>
> I called the german-toplevel-eduroam-proxy-operator to chnage the
> password, and volia it works.
>
> Sorry, I'm sure it's somewhere in the relase notes, but
> 'read the source luke' is always true.

Yes, reading the source works always. The change itself is related to
aligning the defaults with the RADIUS/TLS aka RadSec RFC:

Here's the change log entry for 4.10:
http://www.open.com.au/radiator/history.html

  RadSec is now an official IETF RFC 6614. RFC 6614 is now
  included in the distribution. In accordance with RFC 6614,
  the default shared secret for RadSec has been changed to
  'radsec', UseTLS is enabled by default, and
  TLS_RequireClientCert is enabled in Server RADSEC by default.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.