[RADIATOR] Auth by LDAP Ubuntu 12.04 & Radiator 4.10

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Jul 4 17:20:59 CDT 2013

On 07/03/2013 11:42 PM, John Goubeaux wrote:

> Are there specific libraries ( other than those specified in the
> Radiator 4.10 docs ) that I need in order  to support LDAP binds to the
> Sun Directory from Ubuntu ? I have included the config that I am
> speaking about below.

Your config looks quite fine. Sometimes HTTPS connection and/or a bind
by admin user, see AuthDN in the reference manual, is needed to for queries.

I'd say per-ldap aka Net::LDAP should be enough for plain LDAP connections.

I recommend turning on AuthBy LDAP2 Debug option and running radiusd
from the command line with Trace 4 enabled. Something like:

radiusd -trace 4 -log_stdout -foreground -config ...

This lets you see the LDAP library messages that are printed to STDOUT
and can not be logged by Radiator.

> OR another way of asking the question :  Is anyone successfully running
> Radiator 4.10 on Ubuntu 12.04  AND authing against an Oracle DS and IF
> so were there any caveats to the build  ?

If these provide a standard LDAP interface, I would be quite sure they
work. It really depends on Net::LDAP module and I'd be surprised if it
did not support the ex Sun now Oracle LDAP server.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.