[RADIATOR] [RFC] configurable hooks

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Jan 31 08:31:28 CST 2013

On 01/31/2013 02:01 PM, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:

> we'd need a way to pass config parameters to hooks to be able to use
> them in multiple different handlers e.g. sending OTPs by SMS with
> different accounts.
> Is there already a way to do this which I've overlooked?

How about this:

# radiusd config file

StartupHook sub { require "/etc/radiator/MyHooks.pm"; }
<Handler ...>
   # AuthBys
   PostAuthHook sub { MyHooks::sendSMS(@_, 'account1', 'otherparam1'); }
</Handler>
<Handler ...>
   # AuthBys
   PostAuthHook sub { MyHooks::sendSMS(@_, 'account2', 'otherparam2'); }
</Handler>

File MyHooks.pm would be something like this:

# start of MyHooks.pm
package MyHooks;
use strict;
use warnings;
# PostAuthHook
#
sub sendSMS {
    my $p = ${$_[0]};      # Request packet
    my $rp = ${$_[1]};     # Response packet
    my $result = $_[2];    # Verdict: success or not
    my $reason = $_[3];    # String that tells reason for a reject
    my $account = $_[4];   # Account name
    my $param = $_[5];     # Some other param

    # code goes here
}

1;
# end of MyHooks.pm

> I'm currently abusing Radius attributes to get those static parameters
> into the hooks but being able to pass options in the config would make
> the config much clearer.

The above keeps the the existing PostAuthHook arguments as they are and
adds the possibility for static arguments as additional options to
existing PostAuthHook options.

Would this work for you?

Thanks,
Heikki