[RADIATOR] Quota Deduction using Authby SQL realm

Thomas KCCG thomas at kccg.com
Tue Jan 29 05:45:00 CST 2013

Dear All,

I have 2 questions stated after the configuration lines based on Quota
deduction.

<Realm DEFAULT>

        <AuthBy SQL>

                DBSource dbi:mysql:radius

                DBUsername xxxx

                DBAuth xxxxx

                AddToReply Acct-Interim-Interval = 300

                AccountingTable ACCOUNTING

                AcctColumnDef   USERNAME, User-Name

                  .

                  .

                  .

                     .

<Handler Acct-Status-Type = Stop>

AuthSelect select QUOTAINBYTES from SUBSCRIBERS \

        where USERNAME='%n'

    AuthColumnDef 0, Session-Timeout, reply (I don't know what this line
stands for and what I need to replace Session-Timeout with, I require
comments on this)

    AcctSQLStatement update SUBSCRIBERS set \

        QUOTAINBYTES=QUOTAINBYTES-0%{Acct-Input-Octets} \

        where USERNAME='%n'

</Handler>

</Realm>

1.       Is it okay to define the above bolded lines inside a handler under
default Realm, since my requirement is to get the Acct-Input-Octets
attribute from NAS and use it for deducting from sql database  the
predefined quota(QUOTAINBYTES) after a user ends his session?

2.       0%{Acct-Input-Octets} does this statement , retrieve value of this
attribute from the NAS accounting stop packet send to radiator?

Thanks,

Thomas Kurian