[RADIATOR] Proxy'ing Client-Identifier to "slave" RADIUS processes

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Mon Jan 28 11:42:11 CST 2013

I'm playing with running multiple instances of RADIATOR on the same windows box to improve RADIATOR performance.

I have a "Master" instance of RADIATOR that proxies incoming requests from my  NAS boxes (wireless controllers) to one of four "slave" instances using <AuthBy HASHBALANCE>.

However,  I need to use different Handlers based on the incoming NAS box.  Using a single instance of RADIATOR I would just use "Identifier" keyword in the <Client> configuration clause and pick a Handler using "Client-Identifier" selector in the <HANDLER> clause.

Is there a way to pass the "Client-Identifier" to another RADIATOR process ? Perhaps as an RADIUS Attribute ?

Thanks.
-Neil

--
Neil Johnson