[RADIATOR] <AuthBy EAPBALANCE> with Microsoft IAS BackEnd

Vicaretti Vincenzo (Guest) vincenzo.vicaretti at guest.telecomitalia.it
Wed Feb 6 05:04:21 CST 2013

Hi all,
i want use the EAPBALANCE method for balance the access-request and ensure all EAP requests relating to a single session always go to the
same target RADIUS server (Microsoft IAS)
I don't understand if the UseContentsForDuplicateDetection attribute is supported by Microsoft IAS.

I want use the Handler for filter the access-request packet based Client-Identifier and Realm

<Handler Client-Identifier=switch,User-Name=/^host\/.*test$/>

I can use EAPBALANCE with Handler method?

The last question:
is add fake attribute on packet with hook for print the eap method on logfile:

PreProcessingHook sub { ${$_[0]}->add_attr('EAPType', 'EAP-TLS');}

It's ok this approach with EAPBALANCE?

This is my configuration:

<Handler Client-Identifier=switch,User-Name=/^host\/.*test$/>
  <AuthBy EAPBALANCE>
        FailureBackoffTime 60
        RetryTimeout 1
        Retries 3
        Secret mysecretpassword
        DisableMTUDiscovery
        <Host 172.20.0.2>
            AuthPort 1812
            AcctPort 1813
        </Host>
        <Host 172.20.0.3>
            AuthPort 1812
            AcctPort 1813
        </Host>
  </AuthBy>
PreProcessingHook sub { ${$_[0]}->add_attr('EAPType', 'EAP-TLS');}
AuthLog auth-nac
</Handler>

_______
Vincenzo