[RADIATOR] UsernameBlacklist.txt And case sensitivity

John Goubeaux goubeaux at education.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 5 13:03:04 CST 2013

Folks,

I am using the below <AuthBy FILE> directive in my config file to do
a Username Check in order to BlackList users whose accounts have been
flagged , in this case for DMCA complaints. The syntax of the deny
statement in the file called is:

brian           Auth-Type = Reject              # DMCA Complaint
22269368039 added on 1/25/13 DoNot remove jg

<AuthBy FILE>
                 NoEAP
                 AcceptIfMissing
                 Filename /etc/radiator/UsernameBlacklist.txt
         </AuthBy>

My Question is: I need to  cover cases where a user changes the case
of their login, eg in the above case the user used "Brian" instead of
"brian" and got authenticated.

What is the best way to cover this situation,  eg lowercase all
logins.  I found  RewriteUsername         tr/A-Z/a-z/  as possibly
one example to add to the config file ?

Thanks    -john

--
John Goubeaux