[RADIATOR] Radmin - L2TP Multihop via Radius

Michael Bellears MBellears at gcomm.com.au
Sun Feb 3 18:01:47 CST 2013

Hi Guys,

Our current setup is - We have multiple DSL realms all configured on our radmin/radiator server and approx 15 vpdn-groups on our LNS that connect to the carriers LACs.

We are adding a new dsl realm, connection requests for the new realm will be coming from the same LAC's, but we want to not auth the new realm via our existing radius server - We want our LNS to create an L2TP tunnel to another LNS for this new realm (And then this other LNS will authenticate the DSL tails via another radius server).

I believe this can be accomplished from radius...eg:

testrealm.com.au            Password = "cisco"
                Service-Type = Outbound,
                Cisco-avpair = "vpdn:tunnel-type=l2tp",
                Cisco-avpair = "vpdn:tunnel-id=TEST7200",
                Cisco-avpair = "vpdn:ip-addresses=x.x.x.x",
                Cisco-avpair = "vpdn:source-ip=y.y.y.y",
                Cisco-avpair = "vpdn:l2tp-tunnel-password=xxx"

But hoping someone can provide guidance as to how this can be done within Radmin...i.e. in radmin.cfg?

Our existing realms are configured like so (radmin.cfg):

<Realm realm1.com>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
        <AuthBy RADMIN>
DB stuff (login credentials etc)
..
              AccountingTable RADUSAGE
                AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
(heap of other AcctColumnDef)
..
               AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\
                        Framed-Routing = None,\
                        Framed-MTU = 1500,\
                        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,\
                        #Fall-Through = Yes,\
                        Service-Type = "Framed-User",
        </AuthBy>
Logging stuff..
</Realm>

So not 100% on how this new realm would be added to radmin.cfg?

Thanks in advance.