[RADIATOR] about soap authentication

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Aug 21 13:39:46 CDT 2013

On 08/21/2013 05:34 PM, Vangelis Kyriakakis wrote:

> I need to make Radiator communicate with an external SOAP server. Can
> you please provide us with information on which files to change in order
> to create a custom AuthBy SOAP module?

Hello Vangelis,

see AuthSOAP.pm and AuthRSAAM.pm for SOAP examples. The SOAP::Lite
documentation in CPAN is also very useful for the SOAP itself. For
example SOAP::SOM shows how to get values from the SOAP response.

The SOAP based service are quite variable. Some return the final
response during the first call while the others accept the request and
then the client needs to poll the server for the final response. Because
there are many ways to authenticate over SOAP it's hard to give a good
example for generic SOAP based authentication.

My recommendation is to look at the existing SOAP based modules and the
SOAP::Lite documentation. If needed, we can also provide customisation help.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.