[RADIATOR] Easy 802.1X

Michael Newton mnewton at pofp.com
Tue Aug 13 13:40:11 CDT 2013

We're working with HP MSM wireless controllers, which can do EAP-TLS,
EAP-TTLS, EAP-PEAP, LEAP, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA, EAP-FAST, and EAP-GTC.

I'm looking for the easiest way to allow WPA to use a RADIUS-based
username/password for a public-access network. So no client certificates or
supplicant software, and supporting a wide range of client devices.
Security is not a concern -- currently authentication is done through HTTP,
and credentials are not personally identifying information. This is
strictly about convenience, to avoid use of the HTML login.

If anyone has set this up before, or has any pointers it would be
appreciated. I thought this would be a snap but it is proving to be more
difficult than it needs to be! Thanks.

--
Michael Newton
Manager, Information Systems

This document and all of its contents are intended only for the party to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or
confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying, or disclosure is
strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality. If
you have received this telecommunication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by return electronic mail, and destroy the message.