[RADIATOR] TACACS on NX-OS Devices

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Aug 1 16:07:07 CDT 2013

On 08/01/2013 09:06 PM, David Heinz wrote:

> I've been trying to craft an AuthorizeGroup statement to match:
> Thu Aug  1 18:01:06 2013: DEBUG: TacacsplusConnection Authorization
> REQUEST 6, 1, 2, 1, heinzdb, 0, 192.168.10.10, 4, service=shell cmd=
> cisco-av-pair* shell:roles*

How about this:

AuthorizeGroup nxos permit service=shell cmd= cisco-av-pair\*
shell:roles\* {shell:roles="network-operator vdc-admin"}

> But as of yet haven't been able to get one that works. From my
> experience I think those are all "check" items aren't they? Not Reply items?
> Has anyone got this working in production on a Nexus device?

The 4 arguments service=shell cmd= cisco-av-pair* shell:roles* describe
"the services and options for which authorization is requested" as the
TACACS+ doc says. So I'd say they are sort of check items. An example of
reply attributes, or reply items, is inside the braces {}.

For quick testing you could also try goodies/tacacsplustest. Something
like this should match the about AuthorizeGroup:

perl goodies/tacacsplustest -port 4949 -trace 4 -noacct -user heinzdb
-author_args service=shell,cmd=,cisco-av-pair'*',shell:roles'*'

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.