[RADIATOR] eap auth against active directory

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sat Sep 29 03:30:07 CDT 2012

Hello James -

I recently did a job for a large University which had the same problem.

After many, many problems with "winbind" we decided not to use it and we went with a hybrid solution.

We eventually ended up proxying the EAP inner authentication using "EAP_PEAP_MSCHAP_Convert" to the Microsoft NPS RADIUS server.

This kept all of the EAP processing with Radiator and only passing MSCHAP-V2 to NPS.

See the example in "goodies/eap_peap_mschap_proxy.cfg".

YMMV