[RADIATOR] LDAPS connection problem

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Oct 23 16:11:21 CDT 2012

On 10/23/2012 12:29 PM, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:

>> In the meantime I've upgraded Net::SSLeay from version 1.32 to CPANs
>> current 1.49 on this RHEL4 box which seems to have fixed the problem.
>> I'll get back to you if the problem occurs again.

> The problem still persists. Is such an issue known to you for RHEL4 maybe?

I am not aware of connect timeout problems with any OS/LDAP module version.

Also, I noticed you have upgraded Net::SSLeay but LDAPS uses
IO::Socket::SSL too so you could consider upgrading it if you want to
make sure all modules are up-to-date.

I took a look at what Net::LDAPS::new() does. It loops through all the
hosts it is given and uses the Timeout value for each host individually.
In other words, 'Timeout 3' applies per host as opposed to both hosts in
your case.

Are you still using a single AuthBy LDAP2 or are you experiencing
connect problems when there's just one Host in AuthBy LDAP2?

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.