[RADIATOR] How to create a log file of user <-> IP association

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 17 17:24:36 CDT 2012

Ciao Paolo -

As you have seen, the debug log is not what you want.

Rather, you should be using the RADIUS accounting requests to write to a file.

You can have a separate file for each user by doing something like this:

# Realm or Handler

<Handler ….>

	AcctLogFileName %L/accounting-for-%n

	…..

<Handler>

Of course, your NAS equipment must be configured to send RADIUS accounting requests.

See sections 5.2, 5.19.4 and 5.19.5 in the Radiator-4.11 reference manual ("doc/ref.pdf").