[RADIATOR] Two IP addresses on the same network adapter

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Oct 1 04:26:51 CDT 2012

On 10/01/2012 10:09 AM, Remco van Noorloos wrote:

> Since a couple of weeks I’ve implemented both TACACS as regular RADIUS
> services on a Windows server with Radiator. I’ve assigned two IP
> addresses to the network adapter. One is used for RADIUS requests, the
> other for TACACS requests.

I agree with Hugh this is a good idea.

I would add these two lines in the TACACS+ instance configuration if
they are not there already:

AuthPort
AcctPort

That will make sure the TACACS+ radiusd instance will not try to bind to
RADIUS ports.  If you use BindAddress in ServerTACACSPLUS, it should
only affect how binding to TACACS+ port is done.

Thanks,
Heikki