[RADIATOR] Two IP addresses on the same network adapter

Remco van Noorloos rvannoorloos at proxsys.nl
Mon Oct 1 02:09:40 CDT 2012

Dear all,

Since a couple of weeks I've implemented both TACACS as regular RADIUS services on a Windows server with Radiator. I've assigned two IP addresses to the network adapter. One is used for RADIUS requests, the other for TACACS requests.

After I did this I'm seeing strange behavior with RADIUS requests. I'm monitoring this for a while now and with RADIUS test requests the one moment I get a 'Access-Accept' message and a minute later a 'Socket Error Connection reset by peer' error message. When this last error occurs I don't see anything in the debug log (level 4). I've configured Radiator to use a specific address using the 'BindAddress' command on global level. For TACACS authentication I configured the 'BindAddress' in the ServerTACACSPLUS part of the config.

I'm trying to avoid using an extra server specific for TACACS authentication because of waste of resources. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

PROXSYS
Remco