[RADIATOR] ERR: Could not 'require Radius::Auth

Murat Bilal murat.bilal at ericsson.com
Wed Nov 7 08:15:12 CST 2012

Hi All,

I try to authenticate my tacacs client with mysql server.I insert tacuser into my SUBSCRIBERS database.But I got the following error:

ERR: Could not 'require Radius::Auth.

Please help

# radius.cfg
#
# Example Radiator configuration file.
# This very simple file will allow you to get started with
# a simple system. You can then add and change features.
# We suggest you start simple, prove to yourself that it
# works and then develop a more complicated configuration as required.
#
# This example will authenticate from a standard users file in
# DbDir/users and log accounting to LogDir/detail.
#
# It will accept requests from any client and try to handle request
# for any realm.
#
# You should consider this file to be a starting point only
# $Id: linux-radius.cfg,v 1.3 2002/03/24 23:07:49 mikem Exp $

#Foreground
#LogStdout
LogDir          /var/log/radius
DbDir      /etc/radiator
# Use a low trace level in production systems. Increase
# it to 4 or 5 for debugging, or use the -trace flag to radiusd
Trace           3

# You will probably want to add other Clients to suit your site,
# one for each NAS you want to work with
<Client DEFAULT>
     Secret     mysecret
     DupInterval 0
</Client>

#<Realm DEFAULT>
#    <AuthBy FILE>
#    Filename %D/users
#    </AuthBy>
#    # Log accounting to a detail file
     AcctLogFileName %L/detail
#</Realm>

<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy SQLAUTHBY>
                # Where to look up destination clause details
                DBSource        dbi:mysql:*********
                DBUsername      *********
                DBAuth          *********

                # AuthBySelect is the SQL query used to retreive AuthBy Clause configuration parameters
                # based on the users realm. The clause is cached for reuse.
                # You can use AuthBySelectParam to bind variables to the AuthBySelect query.
#                AuthBySelect select HOST, PORT, AUTHDN, AUTHPASSWORD, BASEDN,USERNAMEATTR, PASSWORDATTR, HOLDSERVERCONNECTION from RADSQLAUTHBY where TARGETNAME='%R'

                # The type of AuthBy class to create
#                Class LDAP2

                # DefaultParam sets a default value for any clause parameter, which may be overridden
                # with a column from the SQL query
                # RewriteUsername Rewrites the username after the SQL lookup but before calling the resulting clause
                # Good for removing the realm from usernames
                DefaultParam RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
                DefaultParam Version 3
                AuthBySelect select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME='%n'

                # Map the returned columns from AuthBySelect to parameter names in the
                # target clause
#                ParamColumnDef 0,Host
#                ParamColumnDef 1,Port
#                ParamColumnDef 2,AuthDN
#                ParamColumnDef 3,AuthPassword
#                ParamColumnDef 4,BaseDN
#                ParamColumnDef 5,UsernameAttr
#                ParamColumnDef 6,PasswordAttr
#                ParamColumnDef 7,HoldServerConnection
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>

MURAT BİLAL
Services Engineer