[RADIATOR] Radiator evaluation - Authenticate, Authorize LDAP users through Radius server to Network Switch

Pramod Kulkarni pramod.kulkarni at in.abb.com
Wed May 30 01:35:52 CDT 2012

Hello,

1) I wanted to know How do you authenticate and authorize LDAP server
users through Radiator for a network switch.
 2)How do you Map Radiator attributes to the LDAP attributes ,

 -I tried configuring LDAP in the radius.config and tried to run the
C:\perl\bin\radiusd to test whether Radiator is listening to LDAP
server,nothing working for me

 -I have configured a VSA for Ruggedcom in the dictionary of C:\Radiator
,How to map this attribute to Radiator inturn to LDAP server for
authorization

# VSAs for Ruggedcom
VENDOR          Ruggedcom    15004
VENDORATTR      15004      RuggedCom-Privilege-level       2    string

In the radius.cfg I have mapped LDAP attributes checkAttr and replyattr as
below,

 LDAP attributes and Radiator attributes( taken from radiator-ldap.schema)

AuthAttrDef   oscRadiusIdentifier,   RuggedCom-Privilege-level,reply

How and where to map the Radiator attributes to LDAP server attributes in
the Radiator directory?How to restart the Radius server with the new
configuration ?

Let me know if I can configure the switch as mentioned above through
Radiator if possible provide a specific example  .

Waiting for your inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Pramod Kulkarni
ABB Global Industries and Services Limited
Whitefield Road
560048, Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA
Phone: +91 80 67579950
Mobile: +919663733663