[RADIATOR] Assign static IP to users based on Source address

Howe, Brendan brendan.howe at hp.com
Sun May 20 19:20:41 CDT 2012

Hello,

I am in the process of evaluating Radiator and would like to know if it is possible to assign a static IP address to clients based on the source IP address radiator sees the connection from.  I would like to implement this using a single user file.

ATM I have configured the Radiator radius.cfg using 3 client IP addresses each with their own Identifier.  I then use 3x "Handler Client-Identifier=xxx" to define separate AuthBy FILE filenames.  Each users file is exactly the same, except for the "Framed-IP-Address".  This configuration works and the user is assigned a different static IP address dependant on their source address.  The problem is I then need to maintain 3 separate user files all with the same usernames and passwords.

Is it possible to implement this setup using a single user file that has a "Framed-IP-Address" for each Identifier or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Brendan