[RADIATOR] Radiator Failover between two Accounting Databases

Traiano Welcome Traiano.Welcome at mtnbusiness.co.za
Tue May 15 08:52:56 CDT 2012

Hi List

I'm currently trying to work out a configuration that will allow my radiator server to send radius accounting packets to a failover database pair, with only one active master at a time, my objective is high availability.

I see the <AuthBy SQLRADIUS> seems to offer the kind of functionality I want, i.e, account to a designated primary db and fail over to a secondary db if the primary is unavailable for a given period of time.

Would a configuration based on this clause work for failover between DBs in the way I've described or am I misunderstanding it's intended use ?

Thanks in advance,
Traiano