[RADIATOR] Upgrade Challenges to 4.9

Michael Hulko mihulko at uwo.ca
Thu May 10 08:57:11 CDT 2012

Yes...ppm install did give me version 0.44 however, upon futher investigation, we have a hook that calls "use Net::LDAP qw(:all)" .  The qw(:all) is what is causing the issue with this version of NET::LDAP.  There are several threads regarding this particular issue.  One workaround is to import only the constants that are required.  Will have to engage a pogrammer to help with that.

Thanks for the headsup on the PeapVersion.  Again, I only inheirtied the responsibility of the Radius service a while ago and I have no idea of the thought process the previous individual may have had with the configuration.  The whole configuration looks a little convuluted to me, but that may have been due to limitations present in previous versions of Radiator.

MH

On 2012-05-09, at 3:03 PM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> On 05/09/2012 09:11 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:
>
>> It would appear that I have missed the Net-LDAP module that one of our
>> hooks calls.  Not sure why this is not part of the standard
>> packages...Is there a specific package I should use.
>
> I think ppm install perl-ldap should give you version 0.44 which is the
> current version too.
>
> I took a quick look at the configuration too. I suggest the following:
>
> # DupInterval 0
> EAPTLS_PEAPVersion 0
>
> Unless there's a good reason, you should not accept duplicates. Also,
> PEAP version 0 works better with e.g., with Macs and IOS devices. It's
> also default in version 4.9
>
> Heikki
>

>> MH
>>

>> On 2012-05-09, at 1:36 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:
>>
>>> I am attempting to upgrade our radius from 4.5.1 to the latest version
>>> 4.9.  In addition of upgrading Radiator itself, I am also upgrading
>>> the version of ActivePerl from 5.6.x to 5.12.x.
>>>
>>> Stepping through the installation instructions and pointing the
>>> repository to open.au.com <http://open.au.com> for the Win32-LSA.pm
>>> module, it would appear that everything was in order.   However, two
>>> problems arose...
>>>
>>> First, when attempting to run the radiusd daemon from the command line
>>> prior to running the test script, I receive an error:  " 'all' is not
>>> defined in %NET::LDAP::Constant::EXPORT_TAGS at (eval 62) line 191.
>>> When I run the test.pl <http://test.pl> script, everything checks
>>> out.  Not quite sure about what I am missing?
>>>
>>> Second...after i create a service and copy the original files and
>>> certs into the directory, I get the following message when I start the
>>> service in the logfile:
>>>
>>> "ERR: Compliation error in PostAuthHook: Can't continue after import
>>> errors at (eval 68) line 191
>>> BEGIN failed--compliation aborted at (eval 68) line 191"
>>>
>>> I have tested authentication to the server, and it appears to work,
>>> however, I am concerned that something will break later.  This is a
>>> Windows Server 2003 box.  Any suggestions/comments would be greatly
>>> appreciated. Attached is the original radius config I inheirted.
>>> (please do not critique the config)
>>> <radius.cfg>
>>>
>>> All passwords/secrets have been removed
>>>
>>> Thanks