[RADIATOR] Server 2008 R2 x64 - radsec certificate verify failed

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Mar 2 02:55:08 CST 2012

On 03/01/2012 01:56 PM, Röver, Christian wrote:

> TLS_CAFile did not change anything.
> The AuthBy Radius is used for the communication with a domain controller running with nps.
>
> I do not quite understand, where the certificates are verified and where they are presented.
> ServerRadsec and AuthBy Radsec have the same configuration for the certificates.
> Where has the Toplevel-CA to be set to check the incoming certificate?

Please see goodies/radsec-client.cfg and goodies/radsec-server.cfg

Reviewing these files should show how the client and server certificates
are set. They both use the same top level CA. This CA has signed both
client and server certificates.

If you start two radiusd instances, one with client and other with
server config, these can be used for RadSec experimentation.

> Another question is, if there is any need to set anything like TLS in the '<Client>' section?

No. Instead of Client there is ServerRADSEC.

> Third question would be, if there are any eduroam (with radsec) configs available for comparing them with my config?
> I might get sure with a certain config, that there are no problems with my current installation.

This might be useful, but RadSec support in the docs seems to have
focused on federation level servers currently. However, I do know from
experience that the RadSec configuration should have nothing very special.

http://www.eduroam.org/index.php?p=europe&s=docs

This document talks about federation level servers, but has an example
with TLS_PolicyOID which is needed with certificates eduroam uses.

https://confluence.terena.org/display/H2eduroam/How+to+deploy+eduroam+at+national+level#Howtodeployeduroamatnationallevel-Sampleconfigfile

You may want to talk to your local NREN about the certificates and
required configuration.

Thanks!
Heikki

> Regards