[RADIATOR] AuthBy SQL - multiple rows/attributes

Jim Tyrrell jim at scusting.com
Mon Jun 25 07:52:10 CDT 2012

Hi,

Is it possible for AuthBy SQL to return multiple attributes if the query
returns multiple rows?

I am currently using AuthBy SQL to return a Tunnel-Endpoint to a LAC
with the following simplified config:

<AuthBy SQL>
         DBSource        dbi:mysql:databasename:192.168.10.3
         DBUsername      DBuser
         DBAuth          DBPass
         AuthSelect SELECT Endpoint, Password FROM endpoints
         AuthColumnDef   0,Tunnel-Server-Endpoint,reply
         AuthColumnDef   1,Tunnel-Password,reply
</AuthBy>

This works fine at the moment as I only have 1 row in the table which
represents 1 endpoint.  But I now want to return multiple endpoints so
the Access-Accept would be something along the lines of:

Code:       Access-Accept
Attributes:
         Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = 172.16.1.1
         Tunnel-Password = "tunnelpass"
         Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = 172.16.1.2
         Tunnel-Password = "tunnelpass2"

I had hoped to just add a 2nd row to the table, but the handler just
returns the values from the 1st row of the result.  I'd like to be able
to return additional attributes for each row returned so I can easily
add/remove more endpoints to the table as and when I need to.

Thanks.

Jim.