[RADIATOR] Tacacs Authentication to survive reloads ?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Jul 10 14:56:26 CDT 2012

On 07/05/2012 07:25 PM, David Heinz wrote:

> Not to bring this back up, but I too am having this "No context found.
> Expired?" issue.

We have thought about some possibilities solving this. There is no patch
yet, but I thought I'd let you and the other list members know we are
looking for a good solution.

> The main reason for Radius restart on my side is permission changes to the
> AuthorizeGroup. This is the ONLY piece of my configuration I can't put
> into a Db.
>
> If you make a change to an AuthorizeGroup (say deny a command, or permit a
> command) you must rehup the process to re-read the AuthorizeGroup
> configuration files.
> This causes all current sessions to be "expired" and those folks now must
> log back into the router/switch they were on.

Yes, Radiator is now more strict requiring the user is known to have
previosly authenticated. This also enables returning AuthorizeGroupAttr
and cisco-avpairs during authentication to be returned with authorization.

> Is there a solution for this issue? Perhaps a new way of doing things? I'm
> open to any suggestions.

I'll get back to this a bit later. Some code changes are likely to be
needed, but even if there are no patches or patch candidates yet, I
thought I'd at least break the silence :)

Thanks,
Heikki