[RADIATOR] tlsv1 errors

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Jul 9 16:08:20 CDT 2012

On 07/09/2012 06:10 PM, Alex Sharaz wrote:

> Wed Apr 18 02:13:42 2012: ERR: EAP PEAP TLS read failed:  1116: 1 -
> error:14094419:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert access denied

This is the client telling Radiator it did not like Radiator's certificate.

> I'm currently trying to figure out whether all the failures are
> associated with one of our University built images  but would really
> appreciate any hints as to what "tlsv1 alert access denied" actually means

You could check this:
http://www.open.com.au/pipermail/radiator/2012-January/017945.html

and also see Microsoft requirements for their clients:

For example with OpenSSL you need to have this configuration file option
when creating certificates:

extendedKeyUsage       = serverAuth

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,