[RADIATOR] Eduroam, Radiator and MS NPS

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Jul 9 16:03:04 CDT 2012

On 07/08/2012 04:37 PM, Safonov Roman wrote:

> Now we have WPA-2 Enterprise wireless network that authenticated with
> Windows NPS/AD. We use Juniper wireless controller and it works as PEAP
> off-load so I don’t need to use Radiator as PEAP server because I
> receive MSCHAP credentials to Radiator and according to a realm
> (subdomain) forward them to an appropriate MS NPS.
>
> We have 25-30 subdomains so I’ve built Radiator with realms for each
> subdomain and it works.
>
> Now I need to connect Eduroam to this scheme. But Eduroam sends to me
> all data (outer, inner etc.) and I need to work as full PEAP-MSCHAP server.
>
> OK. I’ve built one more proxy Radiator server (for tests) and it
> forwards RADIUS-MSCHAP requests to the main Radiator. And here I receive
> “Request Denied”.

>From the log:

Sun Jul  8 15:24:19 2012: DEBUG: EAP result: 2, EAP MSCHAP-V2 unknown
mschaptype 3

The client is sending unexpected tunnelled EAP-MSCHAP-V2 success.

Can you try without 'Fork' and 'Synchronous' options? They should not be
needed. If it does not work after that, please send a log showing what
happens.

> Below my radius.cfg file:
>
> <Handler ConvertedFromEAPMSCHAPV2=1>
>         <AuthBy RADIUS>
>                 Fork
>                 Synchronous

Forking may be causing problems with EAP state when a new radiusd
instance is created.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.