[RADIATOR] RADSEC and Secret

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Jan 19 12:41:39 CST 2012

On 01/19/2012 04:27 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:

> having issues with an older version of RADIATOR - seems to not be liking
> the 'Secret' being set....the old version (and current version) have 'mysecret'
> as default..which doesnt match the current drafts etc - which is now 'radsec'
> my servers (4.9) are very happy with Secret being defined....but a remote
> server running older 3.x flavour is no longer able to send packets after
> it was reconfigured to use the new standard Secret.
>
> when did Secret get supported in AuthBy RADSEC ?

It was there since the first version 3.12. I just tried with 3.12 client
and server config against 4.9 server and client config and they were
able to talk when Secret was changed to radsec.

With 3.12 you have to enable UseTLS explicitly. That was the other
change apart from port number I had to change to make 3.12 talk to 4.9.

Heikki

NetWare etc.