[RADIATOR] Customizing the Radiator Server

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jan 11 09:36:32 CST 2012

On 01/11/2012 04:38 PM, Saverino, Steven wrote:

Hello Steven,

try this to build a flat file based configuration:

1. Delete any Realm(s) you already have

2. Add new Realm. Name it DEFAULT. Realm DEFAULT will match any User-Name

3. Add new AuthBy for the Realm. Choose AuthBy FILE

4. The default Filename is %D/users.  You can set it explicitly to e.g.
/etc/radiator/users   %D by default is /usr/local/etc/raddb on Unix. See
the reference manual ref.pdf for more about DbDir

5. Save the configuration. It will overwrite any previous configuration
with the new settings

6. Create the users file. You can not do this with the Radiator web GUI.
You can use any editor that comes with your system. The users file
should look like below (2 lines). /etc/radiator/users:

root User-Password = "password"
    Redcom-User-Class = string

7. Create dictionary for Redcom VSAs since they are not yet in
Radiator's default dictionary. Lets call the file
/etc/radiator/dictionary.redcom   The file is (5 lines):

#
# Redcom VSAs
#
VENDOR      Redcom 32167
VENDORATTR  32167  Redcom-User-Class  1  string

panel. Click 'Show Advanced Options'. Locate 'DictionaryFile' textbox
and add ',/etc/radiator/dictionary.redcom' to the contents.
DictionaryFile should now have Radiator's default dictionary and
'dictionary.redcom' as value.

9. Save the configuration, test and check the log. If everything goes
well you should see this in the log:

*** Sending to 127.0.0.1 port 54351 ....
Code:       Access-Accept
Identifier: 170
Authentic:  <171><190><1><194>W1O<156><255><189>aj<16><212><229><22>
Attributes:
	Redcom-User-Class = "string"

10. An alternative is not to use the web interface. A simple Radiator
configuration file (/etc/radiator/radius.cfg) that does the above would
look like this:

AcctPort 1646
AuthPort 1645
DbDir /etc/radiator
DictionaryFile %D/dictionary,%D/dictionary.redcom
LogDir .
LogFile %L/logfile
LogStdout
PidFile %L/radiusd.pid