[RADIATOR] Authenticating Devices...

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Feb 22 16:33:51 CST 2012

On 02/22/2012 01:56 AM, Shay Smith wrote:

> I've got a working config that authenticates users connecting via Wifi.
> Their credentials are compared against our LDAP database. I'm having
> trouble figuring out how to get a non-login device to have access over
> the same AP. I would like to know how to get a network device on the
> network without requiring a login. I'd really like to compare it's MAC
> address or IP address against a list in MySQL.

You could consider using AuthenticateAttribute and/or NoCheckPassword
(see ref.pdf for more) to change how username lookup is done and if
password checking is needed. Be sure to check Trace 4 log to see how the
SQL queries and Radiator behaviour changes with the above options.

This might be the way to go if you can not configure your wlan gear to
send mac address as username as Mike suggested.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.