[RADIATOR] Random AuthBy LDAP2 "Undefined subroutine &main::" connect failures

Kevin Schmidt kps at ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 31 15:57:11 CDT 2012

On 08/31/2012 01:36 PM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> On 08/31/2012 08:55 PM, Kevin Schmidt wrote:
>
>> The default was version 1.42 installed in /usr/lib/perl5/Net, and the
>> upgrade was 1.48 installed in /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2/Net.  I still
>> had a crash with HoldServerConnection enabled, but it appears to be
>> stable without HoldServerConnection.
>
> Good to hear it works better. The crash still sounds troublesome. Can
> you tell if it was more stable with HoldServerConnection? Did you have
> time to let it run with the option enabled to see if the crashes were
> happening as frequently as with the older NetSSLeay?

I didn't run it long enough with HoldServerConnection to make a good
judgment about relative stability.  That said, it crashed within 30
minutes using NetSSLeay 1.48 and HoldServerConnection, which is
consistent with previous failures under NetSSLeay 1.42.  I removed
HoldServerConnection immediately after the first crash and have been
happy since.

--
Kevin Schmidt
Office of Information Technology