[RADIATOR] Windows Multi-Thread ?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 21 17:26:18 CDT 2012

Hello Neil -

In my consulting practice I almost always find that a multi-process setup for Radiator works very well.

What this entails is a "frontend" Radiator process that listens on the standard RADIUS ports, classifies the RADIUS requests according to whatever local requirements there are, and then proxies the different streams of requests to separate "backend" Radiator processes each listening on different port numbers. This gives you controlled multi-threading with all processes able to handle requests in parallel.

This approach also has the added advantage of much simpler configuration files for each Radiator instance.

If you have common elements across different instances you can use "Include …" directives so you only have single definitions for those common elements.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly.