[RADIATOR] Multi-Line Handler issues with 4.10

Michael ringo at vianet.ca
Mon Aug 13 11:34:54 CDT 2012

yep, correct.  The multi-line config support was broken in 4.10 then partially fixed with then patch-set.

A couple points of interest for the fix though, that i have changed for myself.  This is my own personal opinion and may not be agreed with anyone else:

Ignoring commented lines in config should probably include leading white space so people can indent their comments if they want.
-       next if $line =~ /^#/;
+       next if $line =~ /^\s*#/;

Blank lines should be ignored, and should also include whitespace for blank lines that actually have spaces, or tabs on them because you can't see them.  best to just ignore.
-       next if $line eq '';
+       next if $line =~ /^\s*$/;

Also, the ($line eq '') will never equal a blank line because a blank line has a carriage return and line feed values on it that you don't actually see.  a blank line has an 0x0A and 0x0D hex characters i think at the end of the line.
So this line:
next if $line eq '';
wont work, but this line:
next if $line =~ m/^$/;
will.

The order of these i also changed.  Ignore blank and commented lines i would think should be first before anything.