[RADIATOR] Multi-Line Handler issues with 4.10

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Aug 11 08:05:17 CDT 2012

Hi,

> i found some time to try the 4.10 upgrade with patches, but i have this Multi-Line config issue.  Seems to be related to the fact that I have a blank line and comments in the middle of the multi line Handler.
>

> Fri Aug 10 10:51:18 2012: ERR: Unknown keyword '<Handler' in /etc/radiator/conf/handler.pre-defined line 3
> Fri Aug 10 10:51:18 2012: ERR: Unknown keyword 'Request-Type' in /etc/radiator/conf/handler.pre-defined line 6
>

> <Handler \
> 	# failed auth attempts many times a day. used to reject a username.
>
>          Request-Type = Access-Request, \
>          User-Name = DISABLED>
>
>          Identifier handler_null
>          SessionDatabase NULL
>          AuthBy AuthBy_REJECT
> </Handler>

there comes a point when a configuration parser is being abused....why dont you simply have

# failed auth attempts many times a day. used to reject a username.
<Handler Request-Type = Access-Request, User-Name = DISABLED>
          Identifier handler_null
          SessionDatabase NULL
          AuthBy AuthBy_REJECT
</Handler>

??

this is how the docs say you write handlers - and its the way that any auto-export config
generator tool could output the config (I generate my RADIATOR configuration from an SQL
database).  instead, you have devised a rather wierd local requirement - and then suggest
some code changes to allow this to be read that could mess up peoples legitimate configurations.

alan