[RADIATOR] Tacacs Authentication to survive reloads ?

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at ip-only.se
Thu Apr 12 09:49:55 CDT 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to make tacacs+ authentications to survive radiator reload/restart ?

As we're using Radiator to authenticate/account and authorize commands on various equipment it gets quite annoying when a restart/reload is done and the users have to re-login to be able to continue working.
The current implementation seem to forget about the authentication and simply reply with a deny and log
"
INFO: Authorization denied for <user> at <host>: No context found. Expired?
"
which from my reading means that the authentication has timed out - it's not but radiator thinks so as it can't find an active authentication from the user(?).

I remember that in a previous version of Radiator, not sure about version.. think it was 3.something, there were no problem reloading/restarting Radiator.

Would it be possible to make a CacheReplyHook(or if there is a PreShutdownHook?)/StartupHook that save/restore the sessions or something ? :)

(I'm currently using latest 4.9 with patch set from 2/4-2012)
Regards,
Patrik Forsberg