[RADIATOR] Latest dictionary additions

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Sep 21 04:50:49 CDT 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Mike McCauley wrote:

> > ## Bluesocket
> > VENDOR          Bluesocket      9967
> > VENDORATTR      9967            BlueSocketRole          100     string
> > VENDORATTR      9967            Bluesocketap            101     string
>
> These were already in the dictionary, one with with a slightly different case:
>
> BlueSocketap
>
> Which is correct?

The original info came via:

  http://www.open.com.au/pipermail/radiator/2010-June/016480.html

where it is provided in lower case as above.  But that could be a typo on
the poster, or whoever sent them to him.  I do not know which is correct.

It may or may not be any help, but the SNMP MIB uses "Bluesocket" in
description fields for the company name, and "blueSocket" in the actual
MIB identifiers.

My guess is it should have been "BlueSocketAp", but it is nothing more
than educated guess.  I do not know what this attribute is used for, and
don't think I've ever seen it on the wire.  Not that I've looked for it
that hard!  I guess leave it as-is unless we hear otherwise.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.