[RADIATOR] [IPv6] Issues with Framed-Interface-Id assignment

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Sep 21 03:41:31 CDT 2011

On 08/25/2011 01:00 PM, Eddie Stassen wrote:

Hello Eddie and Elias,

>> What I'm looking for is ideas or more information what the itf ids may
>> look like. This would be needed to correctly pack the attribute when it
>> is sent to the wire.
>>

> The only ones I have seen use the un-abbreviated form i.e.
> %x:%x:%x:%x, but then my IPv6 experience is very limited.

The latest patch set for Radiator 4.8 now supports IPv6 interface id:

2011-09-19 dictionary Radius.pm
    Changed the type of Framed-Interface-Id in dictionary to be ifid.
    You can now specify Framed-Interface-Id as strings in the format
    'aaaa:bbbb:cccc:dddd', which is compatible with FreeRadius.

If you can test this, please let us know how it works.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.