[RADIATOR] Unknown SSL errors

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Sep 5 02:51:15 CDT 2011

On 09/02/2011 04:36 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:

> Thanks for the response and clarity.  The upgraded cert itself did not increase in size, but the key increased. We are using " EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize 1000" in our configurations.  The indications that corruption is taking place somewhere along the path will need to be further investigated.

If the corruption related log entries seem to persistent, you could run
with Trace 4 to see which APs/WLAN controllers/NASes and clients are
experiencing problems. That should help seeing if it is the same device
constantly having problems.

> Although it appears that these errors are more indicative of client communication errors and not necessarily server or certificate issues, would it best to move to the latest version of Radiator??  I am sure this is already documentented somewhere, but I will ask in an effort to expediate an assumption, is Radiator multi-threaded or can support multi-threading?

Multi-threading is not supported. There is server farming, see ref.pdf
section "5.5.39 FarmSize" and the possibility to run multiple instances
and load balance between them. However, these use multiple processes, so
it's not multi-threading but an alternative method for scaling.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.