[RADIATOR] searchable archive? CouchDB?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Oct 28 07:51:51 CDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 04:00 PM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> I took a look at Perl support and there seems not to be anything for
> NoSQL that is like DBI for SQL. So not common layer for different NoSQL
> DBs. This would mean the support would need to written for either or.
>
> Can you tell which one would be more suitable for RADIUS type of AAA use?

Following up myself to summarise my notes about NoSQL discussion.

This turned out interesting thread about SQL and NoSQL databases. From
what I gathered MongoDB seems to have active Perl support. As far as I
can tell, this is not as clear for CouchDB.

Both would probably work for authentication and accounting but I sensed
a bit more interest in MongoDB.

For accounting and other logging, speed and efficient storage were seen
as an advantage. However, good performance was achieved with other means
too.

When NoSQL support was briefly discussed here, the lack of DBD/DBI
interface was seen to mean support for the above would not happen in
short term. So currently it's not decided yet what will happen with this
topic, but as always, any comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.