[RADIATOR] PAP and CHAP

M P antmtp at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 03:21:51 CDT 2011

Hello all,
May I know how to determine the incoming Access-Request is whether a PAP or CHAP? What are the things to consider in CHAP?
I am currently using an AuthBy EXTERNAL for PAP with the following configuration:
<Handler Realm=testing>    <AuthBy EXTERNAL>        RejectEmptyPassword        DecryptPassword        Command /usr/local/sbin/radiator-auth        Fork    </AuthBy>    RejectHasReason</Handler>
Now, I want the external command to support both PAP and CHAP. Right now, PAP works fine already. I'm not sure yet how to extend the support for CHAP that will co-exist on the same script as on the current one.
Please advice. Sorry for being a newbie.