[RADIATOR] searchable archive? CouchDB?

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Fri Oct 7 07:53:05 CDT 2011

Thanks for the reply. See comments...

-----Original Message-----
From: Heikki Vatiainen [mailto:hvn at open.com.au]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 5:14 AM
To: Dave Kitabjian
Cc: radiator at open.com.au; Greg Evanyke
Subject: Re: [RADIATOR] searchable archive? CouchDB?

On 10/06/2011 11:14 PM, Dave Kitabjian wrote:

> 1)   Is there a *searchable archive* for this list these days? The
only
> one I found is this zipped version:
> http://www.open.com.au/pipermail/radiator/

There is no searchable archive currently. Using google like this is very
effective for searching the list and the rest of the site too:

site:.open.com.au search terms

[dhk] Cool, thanks. I didn't realize Google was able to crawl the zip
files.

> 2)   Is there an AuthBy that will talk to *CouchDB* or *MongoDB*?

Not yet. Can you tell a little how you would want to use these?

One thing I have thought of is using a schema free database to store
accounting messages from different NASes. If there's no strict table
structure all attributes could easily be stored no matter what the NAS
sends. This is something I thought of briefly once, so this has not been
discussed further and no work has been done for this.

Please let us know of what you have in mind.

[dhk] Well, at this point, the main attraction to some of these No-SQL
products is their robust replication support particularly as a
peer-to-peer architecture (rather than Master-Slave, like LDAP). We are
looking for the Auth side at this point, not the Accounting side.

Dave

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***The information contained in this message may be
privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.