[RADIATOR] custom schema for users

Zak, Sergey (NSN - AU/Bayswater) sergey.zak at nsn.com
Wed Nov 2 00:42:14 CDT 2011

Hello
I have a simple request, but can't find how to accomplish this.
We are using a RADIUS-capable device, which allows to assign users into
different user classes (permission levels).
It sends out RADIUS packets and with Access-Accept messages, it expects
a custom VSA returned, that should contain requestor's user class
(integer, 1 to 5).

As I understand, we need to:
1. Extend user schema and add this attribute.
2. Then, we need to configure a Service Profile that would return this
attribute from mySQL request with username.

I had a look into Service Profile setup and it's just a string field for
Vendor-Specific VSA. Can I put a query there inline? What syntax should
I use there?

How can we accomplish this two points above?

Kind Regards
Sergey Zak