[RADIATOR] radiator exists on ClientSQL timeout

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon May 30 07:02:14 CDT 2011

On 05/25/2011 07:09 PM, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:

> no, this is only acting as tacacs+ server without any db logging.

Thanks for confirming this.

> # refresh the client list every hour
> RefreshPeriod 3600
>
> The intermediate firewalls will close the connection because the tcp
> connection is inactive for about an hour.
> Can we enable tcp keepalives or add a check to radiator which detects
> broken connections?

It already does check for broken connections. Just before it prints
"Adding Clients from SQL database" it does reconnect when needed.

So it does a reconnect that succeeds, tries to execute the select for
getting the client list and then hits "Execute failed". Now I would be
interested in seeing what else it logs before it dies or hangs completely.

Can you pass me the logs? I would especially be interested in seeing if
it is able to log "Automatic ClientListSQL refresh failed, keeping old list"

> DBIx::Connector was created from DBIx::Class code and would be the ideal
> solution for this problem.
> You could include the newest version with every Radiator release if the
> license (same as Perl) allows it.

I can ask about this, but currently disconnects and reconnects should be
handled already.

But if you could provide the logs that show how far Radiator gets after
"Adding Clients from SQL database" that would be very useful.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.