[RADIATOR] the use of TunnelledByTTLS=0 changed?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon May 23 06:15:46 CDT 2011

On 05/23/2011 12:46 PM, Roel Hoek wrote:

> We are in a process of migrating our radius servers to another host. On
> the old host we are running Radiator 3.17.1. On de new host we run 4.8
>
> On the old server we make use of TunnelledByTTLS=0 to differentiate
> between inner (TTLS,PEAP) and outer EAP authentication.:

You are correct, somewhere between 3.17.1 and 4.8 Handler check changed.

Note that even with 3.17.1 TunnelledByTTLS was never 0. It was either
not defined at all (undef) or had a value that was larger than 0. So it
was a bit incorrect to make the implication that if TunnelledByTTLS can
be 1, it can also be 0.

The solution you have found (reorder handlers and remove
TunnelledByTTLS=0) is correct and will work also with older versions
including 3.17.1.

Thanks for highlighting this change!
Heikki