[RADIATOR] radiator exists on ClientSQL timeout

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon May 16 12:05:40 CDT 2011

On 05/16/2011 07:58 PM, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:
> My init file is from the goodies dir.

Ok, then we have to work around Debian specific things a bit.

> Because I'm running debian the command used is
> /sbin/start-stop-daemon --start --pidfile /var/run/radiusd.pid --exec
> $RADIUSD -- $RADIUSD_ARGS
>
> where $RADIUSD_ARGS is the default of -config_file $RADIATOR_CONFIG
> -daemon $RADIATOR_ARGS
>
> I've now changed it to:
>  -z "${RADIUSD_ARGS}" ] && RADIUSD_ARGS="-config_file $RADIATOR_CONFIG
> -daemon $RADIATOR_ARGS -log_stdout > /var/log/radiator/stdout.log
> 2>/var/log/radiator/stderr.log"
>
> The -foreground option isn't compatible with start-stop-daemon but I
> hope -log_stdout is compatible with -daemon too.

That may not work since -foreground keeps Radiator from forking and
closing stdout. In other words, -foreground is needed for catching all
messages. Would it be possible to do the following:

1. Start Radiator with unmodified start script
2. Observe what the actual command is (radiusd + all arguments)
3. Run radiusd from command line with the observed arguments plus
-foreground and -log_stdout

Thanks again!

NetWare etc.